Welcome to Personalized Learning in the New Rockford-Sheyenne School District! Our goal is to ensure that students receive an exceptional educational experience at NR-S; focused on rigorous, personalized programming that meets all students’ needs and challenges their thinking; facilitated in an environment that promotes caring and collaboration.
We will be working hard this year on developing an organizational growth mindset: how can we engage students and their families in planning for their student’s educational future? We have embarked on some aggressive and challenging initiatives, grounded in what is best for students:
- NR-S Personalized Learning Academy
- A new high school flex-mod schedule, which will create opportunities for students to take more classes, engage more effectively with our teaching staff and learn to manage their own time more efficiently.
- Our new middle school model will better meet the social, developmental and academic needs of our teen students.
- The elementary is providing opportunities for our students to exercise voice and choice on their programming through elective options and learning decisions.
Personalized learning puts the student at the center of his/her educational experience. No longer does each child need to be learning the same content at the same pace. Students aren’t left behind, nor are they held back, by the rest of their class. We recognize that each child is unique. Each child learns in different ways, and at different paces.
What makes this possible?
With technology tools, today’s teachers have more detailed information about each of their students. They know each child’s strengths and weaknesses, and how he/she learns best. Real-time data allows educators to customize each child’s experience, which makes learning more engaging and relevant for each student.
Personalized Learning Supports New Rockford-Sheyenne School District’s “Portrait of a Graduate:
The personalized learning strategies used to teach students at NR-S all support the development of skills and attributes that are outlined in our Graduate Profile. As a community and school district, we strive for each NR-S graduate to be a Continuous Learner; Communicator; Collaborator; Creative & Critical Thinker; Engaged Citizen; and Self-Directed & Resilient Individual.
NR-S Personalized Learning Academy:
We believe our students deserve a voice and choice in their learning and are now providing an option for students in our Personalized Learning Academy. Personalized learning refers to instruction in which the pace of learning, the instructional approach, the learning preferences, and the styles of different learners are all tailored to meet the needs of each learner. The instruction is aligned to rigorous academic standards and social-emotional skills students need to be ready for college, career, and life.
NR-S In the News:
- Personalized Learning at NR-S
- The Future of Work in America – fantastic article focusing on the future of education.
- NR-S Kindness Club
NR-S Spotlight Videos