New Rockford-Sheyenne Announcements:
- Breakout is happening tomorrow during lunch.
- Youth Bowling for Monday January 21st will be at 1:00.
- “There will be a Student Council meeting on Thursday morning at 8:10 in Mr. Eich’s room. The main topic of conversation is Winterfest, so if you would like to be involved in that process please attend the meeting or talk to the Student Council officers.”
- Junior Class Parents: There will be an After Prom planning meeting Friday night between the JV and Varsity girls’ basketball games in the band room. All junior parents are asked to come!
- New Rockford-Sheyenne School is taking part in the 2019 North Dakota Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and the 2019 North Dakota Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) sponsored by the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction and Department of Health on January, 23 2019. The YRBS survey will ask about nutrition, physical activity, injuries, tobacco, alcohol, other drug use, sexual behavior and school climate. The content of the YTS survey includes tobacco questions related to: prevalence (cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, cigars, and pipes); knowledge and attitudes; cessation; environmental tobacco smoke; media and advertising; minors’ access; and school curriculum.
Students in grades 7-12 will be asked to fill out a questionnaire that takes about 45 minutes to complete. Doing this survey will cause no risk to students. The survey has been designed to protect student privacy. No student or class will ever be mentioned by name in a report of the results. The results of the survey will help establish trends over time that can be utilized in school planning and curriculum development.
We would like all students to take part in the survey, but the survey is voluntary. No action will be taken against the school, you, or your child, if your child does not take part. Students can skip any question they do not wish to answer. In addition, students may stop participating in the survey at any point without penalty.
The survey will be available in the front office for you to preview if you desire. At this time, if you decide you do not want your child to take part in the survey, we will have you sign the appropriate form.
- No Public Health Vaccine Clinic this month; will resume the 2nd Wednesday in February.
- New Rockford Park District is looking for a warming house attendant. Must be 15 years, or older, to apply. Please stop at City Hall or contact Dennis at 701-302-8105 in regards to questions.
- North Dakota Rural Water Systems Association Scholarship; for more information please see Mrs. Anderson.
- Pat Wagner Memorial Scholarship application available in Mrs Anderson’s office.
- North Dakota Corn Growers Association application in Mrs. Anderson’s office.
- The North Dakota Crop Improvement & Seed Association has the following scholarships:
- Three $1000 Scholarships available to incoming freshmen
- Three $1000 Scholarships available to undergraduates (excluding freshmen)
- Applicant shall be a resident of the state of North Dakota
- Applicant and/or guardian shell be a member of their respective County Crop (Ag) Improvement Association
- Applicant shall be a full-time student (12 credits or more)