New Rockford-Sheyenne Announcements:
- Breakout on Wednesday.
- Any students needing National Honor Society volunteer hours, the Golf Course could use your help after school on Wednesday. People will be picking up branches and still cleaning from the storm last summer.. I know a lot of you students need hours so go out and help anytime after school or after practice.
- Vision Screening Tuesday, April 16th, at 9 a.m.
- Regional Speech Meet results: Sandra Larson going to state for radio, Jaden Gray for dramatic and poetry, and
Cassidy Holth and Sandra Larson for serious duo.
- On Tuesday, April 16 at 6:00 PM in the school lunchroom, there will be a parent meeting to discuss dual credit classes for the 2019-20 school year. Dan Driessen from Lake Region State College will be here to answer any questions.
- Elementary Academic Challenge Participants: Karsyn W., Skye K., Christopher W., Logan C., Alivia Y., Bailey B., Andrew S., Layton J., Jackson B., Brody W., Tille S, and Ava P.
- NRS Gold Team took 3rd place:
- Lions Club Scholarship available for Seniors, deadline to apply May 4th. The scholarship is for $500.00 please see Mrs. Anderson for a copy of the application.
- Reminder that if you haven’t paid your sports fee for spring sports please do so.
- New Rockford-Sheyenne School District will be having 2019-2020 Preschool Registration in the front office on April 15th, 16th, and 18th from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Please bring your child’s birth certificate, as it will be needed in order to register. Immunization records are not required until Kindergarten.Your child is welcome to visit the Preschool classroom from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. May 14th to 17th and May 21st to 23rd. A sign-up sheet will be in the front office during Registration Week.
- CNDC Indoor Track Meet Results, April 5th:
- Kelsie Belquist: 3rd in the 400 Meter
Elizabeth Widmer: 4th in the 800 Meter, 6th in Triple Jump
Chloe Heinz: 4th in the Mile
Hannah Haley: 4th in the 55 Hurdles
Bo Belquist: 3rd in the 55 Meter, 2nd in the 200 Meter, 1st in the 400 Meter, 1st in Triple Jump
Parker Granger: 7th in the 55 Meter
- On April 16 at 6:00 PM in the school library, there will be a parent meeting to discuss dual credit classes for the 2019-20 school year. Dan Driessen from Lake Region State College will be here to answer any questions.
- 2019 North Dakota FBLA State Leadership Conference Awards:
Jake Williams, 2nd in Journalism
Gretchen Berglund, 8th in Business Communication, 8th in Business Law
Ms. Rinde, Local Adviser Service Award
Logan Munson, 4th in Political Science
- Dollars for Scholars applications are due April 19th.
- There are still Rocket Shirts available. All that is left is in the office. They are for sale for $5 now!!!!
- Building Tomorrow’s Leaders, April 17 in Devils Lake. Any students 9-12 who are interested in attending. Please let Mr. Baumbach know ASAP.
- Regional speech will be at Thompson on April 13 and State on April 27.
Jaden Gray is state qualified for Dramatic and Poetry Interp and Sandra Larson for Radio.
- Junior girls interested in attending Girls State this summer, please stop in and see Mrs. Anderson.
- Lots of job opportunities for summer!!! There are job openings for lifeguards, baseball/softball coaches, and parks and ball diamond maintenance workers for ages 15 and older. Applications available at New Rockford City Hall. Please return applications to New Rockford Park District.