Student Advisor: Rita Anderson
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of SCHOLARSHIP, LEADERSHIP, SERVICE, CHARACTER.
- Scholarship: NR-S students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) meet the scholarship requirement for membership. These students are then eligible for consideration on the basis of service, leadership, & character.
- Leadership: Student leaders are often viewed as those students who are resourceful, good problem solvers, involved in and promoters of school activities, idea-contributors, dependable, and who are both organized & organizers.
- Service: The NR-S chapter has established 15 hours of volunteer work per student during the school term.
- Character: The student of good character can be said to be one who upholds principles of morality & ethics; is cooperative & responsible; demonstrates high standards of honesty & reliability; shows courtesy, concern & respect for others.
NHS Member List:
- Seniors: Gaius Arroyo, Jared Hartl, Wilson Howard, Miranda Johnson, Micah Nicolai, Lauren Roscoe
- Chapter By-Laws, which contain all of the organization details, are available upon request.
- Recycling: The NR-S NHS chapter is in its 6th full year of recycling paper at the school. Students who collect paper, newspapers, and magazines from the classrooms have noticed a definite drop in volume due to electronic worksheets, study guides, quizzes, and tests. Instead of collecting paper to be recycled from classrooms every week during the school year, students are doing this job every other week.
- This valuable school service project was initiated by Sarah Borgen, Class of 2010.
- National Honor Society